So all that is left is to wish you all a very Happy New Year, from the Landscape Gardeners Woking Team.
What now? – well of course for us it is time to get back outside and help our fantastic Surrey Gardening clients, realise their outside space dreams for 2015!
To that end, I thought would give you FIVE great tips for January on how to prevent unnecessary damage to your garden, patios, shed and all other outside elements…
1. When it is a nice enough and dry enough day to venture outside protect your fences, sheds, and other wood elements with a good wood preservative.
2. We have not had much yet in Surrey, but we are still in the depths of winter so when the snow does come (especially if it is deep heavy snow), gently brush it off conifers and hedges to stop the weight forcing them apart and damaging it.
3. When the ground is not so hard and frozen, like it is now due to a relatively warm start to the year, dig over your flowerbeds and your borders, putting as much organic matter in as you can. This not only helps prepare the soil for next year, it helps reduce pests by exposing them to hungry birds. - Everyone wins (except the pests!)
4. January is a perfect chance to clean and repair your garden tools and check garden furniture for any damage and rot.
5. When the weather allows, carry on clearing your patios and paths of moss and leaves.
Of course if you prefer to sit by a warm log fire and put your feet up, then why not let Landscape Gardeners Woking do all the work for you!
We also offer a free brainstorming session (at your property) for any 2015 projects, so please do give us a call.
All the very best for a prosperous New Year for all,
Neil and the Callander Landscapes Team.